Question!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This may sound like a really stupid question but i've been given a presentation to do on the following topic 'how to correctly know a nail into a piece of wood'. Ive tried to research it but cant find what the word 'know' means in this context, although this is how it is spelt for the purposes of the presentation.
If anyone has any idea on what this refers to i would appreciate it if you could give me a couple of pointers. THANKS

Sponsored Links
...how to correctly knock a nail into a piece of wood.

Sponsored Links
gcol said:
I think what he's confused about is that the question set specifically mentions the word "know".
Yes, therefore he should stop being confused about it when he reads my answer that specifically includes the "knock".

Thanks to those who tried to help me ive done all the background reading as suggested and am still confused about the question, the questions not a typo it actually does read 'How to correctly know a nail into a piece of wood', not knock as some of you have suggested. The question doesn't make sense and its for a job completely unrelated to DIY!
If anyone has any idea about the logic behind it i would welcome your views.
Thanks again

is all i can think of now is it "copper" is it "steel" is it "galvanised" is it "iron"....Etc
is it round,is it sqaure,is it oval...Etc.

is this an essay on which type of nail it is by looking at it ?

Puzzled.

No, believe it or not this is a presentation that has to be given by about 80 students to be in with a chance of getting through to the next round of interviews for a job with a solicitors firm!
The topics bizarre but i thought it might be a term used by people in the know but ive googled it all day and its never been discussed in the way the problems been written, the phrase or procedure doesn't even sem to exist!

Helpplease! said:
'how to correctly know a nail into a piece of wood'

The more I read it, the more I get confused.

how to correctly know a nail into a piece of wood

Could it be, 'know' meaning type of a nail?

Doh :oops: , just read vokera80e post!

Sponsored Links
Back