Queue in b and q today

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is the top end, tills are right down the other end.
IMG_20200711_142432346.jpg

I'm glad I kept hold of my pointless Tradepoint card now - in and out in 2 minutes!

Sponsored Links
Just looking in the bottom right of the photo, £20 for a pack of of blue paper towel?!! :eek: That is some mark up!

Sponsored Links
Just looking in the bottom right of the photo, £20 for a pack of of blue paper towel?!! :eek: That is some mark up!

That could be plus VAT as well seeing as that's the Tradepoint area and they like to play proper builders merchants.

no masks on neither

What would you wear those for?
Millions of discarded masks are now being dumped into the ocean and killing countless marine life.
Its time we got a grip ffs.

Last edited:
Millions of discarded masks are now being dumped into the ocean

in my district, we're lucky enough to have dustbins, which are collected and not dumped in the ocean.

Perhaps you need some kind of elected government to run things better.

in my district, we're lucky enough to have dustbins, which are collected and not dumped in the ocean.

Perhaps you need some kind of elected government to run things better.

You are deluded if you think you know where your waste goes.
Over 2 million tonnes of plastic packaging are used in the UK each year. 88% of the sea's surface is polluted by plastic waste. Between 8 to 14 million tonnes enters our ocean every year. Britain contributes an estimated 1.7 million tonnes of plastic annually.
https://www.independent.co.uk/envir...waste-malaysia-vietnam-thailand-a8400761.html

The proliferation of plastic waste is impacting both our natural environments and wildlife across the world. The problem has become so severe that the UN’s oceans chief has called it a “planetary crisis” warning that life in the seas risks irreparable damage.

Last edited:
You can't expect people not to try and protect themselves in case the seas get polluted by government and council indifference to what happens to waste that they organise the collection of.
The vast majority of us place our rubbish in the designated bins provided by the councils. i.e. recyclable in the recycle bin, food waste in the food waste bin, glass in the glass box, cans in the metal box etc, etc, in the belief, and hope, that the council departments responsible see to it that they are disposed of accordingly. It is not the general public who are creating all this pollution it is the governments. My wife and I wear disposable masks and gloves because we are both classed as vulnerable. When we take them off we either place them in a bin outside the last shop or we bring them home and put them in our own waste bins. Are we to blame if those items then end up in the ocean because someone else further down the line doesn't play their part in this chain? Or should we not take these protective measures and expose, not only ourselves but other members of our family or public, to this virus in an effort to protect the seas?

It’s that kind of thinking that will ultimately lead to the destruction of this planet. To sum up the above “someone else’s problem”

It is not the general public who are creating all this pollution it is the governments.

Manufacturers make the stuff, the public discard it.
Goverments just preside over the mess.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back