Queue in b and q today

Sponsored Links
How big was the Q?
Pretty big if you don't have a queue dodging/Tradepoint card (a builder mate of mine was in there the other week with his wife buying potted plants at the trade counter).
Regarding the landfill nonsense, I live in Oldham and I believe that we were one of those LA's that have all the different coloured bins but it was all going to the same hole in the ground.

You can't expect people not to try and protect themselves in case the seas get polluted by government and council indifference to what happens to waste that they organise the collection of.
The vast majority of us place our rubbish in the designated bins provided by the councils. i.e. recyclable in the recycle bin, food waste in the food waste bin, glass in the glass box, cans in the metal box etc, etc, in the belief, and hope, that the council departments responsible see to it that they are disposed of accordingly. It is not the general public who are creating all this pollution it is the governments. My wife and I wear disposable masks and gloves because we are both classed as vulnerable. When we take them off we either place them in a bin outside the last shop or we bring them home and put them in our own waste bins. Are we to blame if those items then end up in the ocean because someone else further down the line doesn't play their part in this chain? Or should we not take these protective measures and expose, not only ourselves but other members of our family or public, to this virus in an effort to protect the seas?

I don't get this whole wearing gloves. Gloves should be used for one task and then discarded, not worn for an entire shopping trip. Touching items, trolleys, phone, face, wallet etc. All they are doing is spreading contamination. Be better off just carrying a small bottle of hand sanitizer

Sponsored Links
I don't get this whole wearing gloves. Gloves should be used for one task and then discarded, not worn for an entire shopping trip. Touching items, trolleys, phone, face, wallet etc. All they are doing is spreading contamination. Be better off just carrying a small bottle of hand sanitizer

Some people think putting a pair of rubber gloves on is like dressing in a space suit..

Before putting the gloves on we use sanitiser, we then use our own sanitiser on the trolley handle, which obviously sanitisers the gloves as well when we smear it on the handles. Saw one shop with it's 'sanitiser' in a plastic pump container which had a floor cleaner label on the back. When I asked why they fumbled for an answer and came up with, "It's probably all they could find." Was politely asked to go shopping as I was holding up the queue when I asked why not use the original sanitiser container. Needless to say we turned round and walked out. As for touching things, we only touch the things we have gone in for and I don't let others touch my phone or wallet any other time so why would I let them now?

some people don't seem to have a clue about anything. Wearing of masks is now compulsory in Scotland and yesterday within a 10 minute trip to the supermarket I watched one clown pull her mask down over her chin, have a good cough without covering her mouth then put the mask back on - then the woman in front of me at the checkout, removed her mask leaned around the side of the perspex that divides the customer with the lady on the till, complain about the price of something then come back to her own side of the perspex and replace her face mask.

What do people not get about face masks?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back