Quick fill up - petrol goes up tonight!

Sponsored Links
Morrisons have said that they aren't going to put theirs up until the 6th, with the mileage I do I'll have filled up twice by then!

And they say we are comming out of the recession, the very thing that causes it (fuel prices) is having the duty increased at midnight.
Talk about one step forward and two steps back, this government cares nothing, for the ordinary working person.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
The government has to balance the books. Think of all the benefit claiments and layabouts that need looking after.

how to get out of recession. lesson 1, increase petrol duty 3 times in 9 months and there's still 2 more to come. at the time when petrol prices are rising, increase them further, thus adding extra costs on to ordinary people and business, thus pushing prices up and hindering the recovery. genius!

I've given up trying to save a penny or two a litre, by checking different stations. I have to have it, can't be arrsed any more.

Just put the nozzle in, fill 'er up, and grit my teeth. :(

Come to think of it, it's a bit like having sex with the missus! ;)

Tesco's usually for me. They're regularly amongst the cheapest, I save the clubcard points, sometimes they do the "spend £50 in store and get 5p off per litre, and they're on my way home without a detour.

And they say we are comming out of the recession, the very thing that causes it (fuel prices) is having the duty increased at midnight.
Talk about one step forward and two steps back, this government cares nothing, for the ordinary working person.

Wotan

ok its not nice when we think we are being picked on :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
buuuutttt 20p extra every 100miles hardly breaks the bank

ok its not nice when we think we are being picked on :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
buuuutttt 20p extra every 100miles hardly breaks the bank

But doesn't that depend on how many miles you do? For all the haulage companies across the country who are competing against drivers from the continent that pay less for their fuel and do 1000s of miles a week, it makes a big difference, and if hauliers costs go up, so does the price of all the things we buy. It may only be an extra 20p per 100miles today, but this isn't the first tax increase, nor price increase and no doubt it wont be the last.

As said above, our local Morrison's have not put prices up today - but that didn't stop there being a half mile queue outside the fuel station yesterday on the two occasions i passed.

Joe-90 hit the nail on the head, the government assure us they are just trying to encourage people to use public transport when in reality its just a case of taxing something which they know we can't live without.

filled up at tescos a few days back and noticed it was nearly £50, usually £43

Just found an old receipt, exactly 6 months ago i filled up at 88.9p/litre, at the same store its now 105.9/litre - that's 17p increase in 6months - or 19%!!

I scrapped my old car yesterday, siphoned the tank before it got taken though, there was a good 15 litres now in the new car :D

Quit ya moaning. just over a year ago prices were £1.29 a litre (even on the continent - i was there). Why is there outcry over this latest increase?

Last year there wasn't this much noise about it - and we were being pushed a lot harder - perhaps it was because petrol seemed low compared to diesel then. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back