quick gas capacity question

Good grief. Does anyone read the original post?

And no, its not 70Mbar lol

Sponsored Links
From a gas flow point of view you need to advise the diameter of the supply gas main ("big enough" isn't very informative), the length of 1" and 3/4" take of lines (plus elbows etc) and the diameter of the outlet nozzle from which you'll be drawing the gas, since flow rates will be dependant on the friction loss. Once that information is available there are fairly standard industrial flow equations that will provide the flow rates

From a gas flow point of view you need to advise the diameter of the supply gas main ("big enough" isn't very informative), the length of 1" and 3/4" take of lines (plus elbows etc) and the diameter of the outlet nozzle from which you'll be drawing the gas, since flow rates will be dependant on the friction loss. Once that information is available there are fairly standard industrial flow equations that will provide the flow rates

the supply pipe is 12", the outlet I'm hoping to use is 3/4", but if its too small, there is a 1" I can use in a slightly less preferable location. full bore valves on them both. Pipe from here to the heater will be about 5 meters, and will need 4 90 degree elbows. The governor can go anywhere, the tendency being to have it near the appliance on almost everything else. I think, at the moment, it will be piped in malleable iron, although it might be copper depending on what we decide if the project is feasible

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
It is worrying that a person involved in the planning of a large volume ( industrial ? ) gas installation is seeking advice from a website for people doing DIY projects.

not really, at such an early stage, and I know there are (or used to be) some very knowledgable engineers on here

Good grief. Does anyone read the original post?

And no, its not 70Mbar lol
so why did you say it was

im not doing any work here, just looking at feasibility. How many kW can I get from a 1" tapping at 70mbar for natural gas. The supply is more than big enough, and again at 3/4"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back