quick gas capacity question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

im not doing any work here, just looking at feasibility. How many kW can I get from a 1" tapping at 70mbar for natural gas. The supply is more than big enough, and again at 3/4"

or can anyone point me to how to work it out

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You shouldn't be contemplating/calculating anything that's upstream of the governor on the mainstream side of the domestic natural gas supply. Dangerous stuff that.

Sponsored Links
its not up stream of the governor, that's the MP main, we have our own governors for each appliance whether its off the 70mbar system, or the 35mbar system

I can assure you that i do have a 70 and 35 mbar main in the building, since i use about 23MW of gas at peak.

I wouldnt have a governor on every appliance otherwise.

Anyway, i just wanted to know if i could get 60kW out of an existing 1"tapping at 70 mbar for a small water heater

I can assure you that i do have a 70 and 35 mbar main in the building, since i use about 23MW of gas at peak.

I wouldnt have a governor on every appliance otherwise.

Anyway, i just wanted to know if i could get 60kW out of an existing 1"tapping at 70 mbar for a small water heater
you dont,you cant possibly, argue all you want but you do not have a 70Mbar outlet legally

Im not arguing, because i know what i have. Imagine the size of pipe id need for 1 megawatt at 20mbar

Im not arguing, because i know what i have. Imagine the size of pipe id need for 1 megawatt at 20mbar
No what you dont realise is that you can not have a 70Mbar outlet on a domestic meter, read it again you can not have it , never , nada, not going to happen ever

Its not a domestic meter, obviously. I never mentioned a meter at all. Just pipe sizing

I dont know would have been an ok answer

This is a diy forum and you're asking industrial gas questions...those on the forum that would know don't frequent the Plumbing section.
Why don't you ask the site contractors?

I asked because i thought someone might be able to point me to a calculator thats all. Its only one variable thats different to domestic gas

No site contractors. Yet, its just a feasibility thing im working on

I asked because i thought someone might be able to point me to a calculator thats all. Its only one variable thats different to domestic gas

No site contractors. Yet, its just a feasibility thing im working on
well it is simple , no you cant, you can not work on that supply under any circumstances

• Thanks
Reactions: DP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back