Quiz.

Addressing him as that does not mean that any of his official titles include "The Pope".

I cant work out if you really cannot understand that or just refuse to know.

I did it that way in recognition of the rate of thinking of some of my readers.

Oooh look, an opportunity for you to explain why you believe someone about whom you know nothing, on a private website, but disbelieve what the Chair of the Theology Department at an offical Catholic university and a past president of a professional society of Catholic theologians tells you.

Are you The Chair of the Theology Department?

Sponsored Links
No, but Im inclined to defer to the greater knowledge of someone who is .

Sponsored Links
Sound loike she be in Cornwaaall

You had a question - find me an aircraft with a diesel engine

Addressing him as that does not mean that any of his official titles include "The Pope".

I cant work out if you really cannot understand that or just refuse to know.

I did it that way in recognition of the rate of thinking of some of my readers.

Oooh look, an opportunity for you to explain why you believe someone about whom you know nothing, on a private website, but disbelieve what the Chair of the Theology Department at an offical Catholic university and a past president of a professional society of Catholic theologians tells you.

Nobody cares if he has an official title which calls him the pope or not. That wasn't the question. Neither does the vatican's website, nor those catholics I cited. He's the pope.

It does sound Cornish. But it's not... I'm sorry to jump in but thread lost it's way. Always does when the captain is about.....

I'm sure you'll be on the seat again.
I've noticed he does that to threads...

Nobody cares if he has an official title which calls him the pope or not.
Anyone and everyone who cares whether there is any point whatsoever to this entire topic cares whether questions are answered correctly.

That wasn't the question.
Yes it was.

Neither does the vatican's website,
Will that be the Vatican website which does not list "Pope" as one of his TITLES along with Bishop of Rome, Vicar of Jesus Christ, Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Primate of Italy, Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Roman Province, Sovereign of the State of Vatican City, Servant of the Servants of God, or a different Vatican website?

nor those catholics I cited.
Given that you, and others here, are violently wrong, on what basis do you assume that people just like you who are also Catholics cannot possibly also be wrong?

He's the pope.
So you will not accept what the Vatican list as his titles, because it happens not to agree with what you have also assumed in the total absence of any research into the matter.

And you are effectively calling an ex-president of a professional society of Catholic theologians and the Chair of the Theology Department at an offical Catholic university a liar because what he says happens not to agree with what you have also assumed in the total absence of any research into the matter.

What is wrong with you?

Why are you so terrified to admit that what you previously believed is wrong that you will deny the truth?

He argues in his sleep..
No - I argue when awake with people who are wrong, and who make false assertions.

The way to put a stop to that is for people to stop being wrong and to stop making false assertions.

Sponsored Links
Back