Quote for Combination Boiler in Slough

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I wrote on here a while ago about a combination vokera boiler.. I'm living in Australia and have to go through a pretty terrible Estate Agency for all repair works to my old place that I'm renting out.

The agents advised that the Vokera boiler recently started leaking and a plumber went to look at it and fixed the problem but advised that a new one would need to be purchased and installed for £1000.

The guys on here last time were so helpful I was hoping that one of you may be able to install a new boiler for me.. so far away. The old one is working again.. but the plumber advised it.

Below is the Estate Agent's overview.

Your advice or help would be HUGELY appeciated.

Kind regards

Lucy

The Plumber has been round to the property, he can see that water from the boiler, but has no idea were it could possibly be coming from.

There is a horrible noise coming from the boiler, when it changes to hot water over to heating which suggests that the fan is going. There is also a lose connection on the circuit board which will need replacing at one time or the other.

The plumber has left the tenants with hot water & heating, but has advised the office that a new fan and new circuit board may soon be required, as the boiler seems to be over 10 years old, this is normally beyond life expectancy for a boiler and with the parts that may soon need replacing, it may be worth while considering a new boiler for the property, as the parts may wok out expensive and with the amount of monies that have already been spent on the boiler in the past, it's worth considering.

He has told the tenants that it may not last, but for now, it's working.

Sponsored Links
Old Vokera's are very mendable but how bad it is is hard to judge from this distance (30 miles!). To change a pcb and fan might cost £400.

The bad news is that to replace the boiler, a "proper job" would cost over £1000 at this time of year. The old system will needs a "powerflush" which normally costs about £300. If you don't do that you're storing up trouble for a new boiler. £1000 is on the low side to fit a combi of any sort, not enough for a good one, and certainly not enough to cover a power flush.

:cry:

Thanks for the advice.. I'm gonna have to beg borrow and steal to pay for a new boiler.. They only seem to cost £400 or so to buy. I guess installation costs a bit. I can't believe though how it will cost me more than I earn in a month... more like 6 weeks... and it's nearly Christmas.

Ahh well...

Kinda cruel how the cost is seasonal too

Thanks again though for the advice - it's appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back