quote for work - what are my rights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone tell me what my rights maybe.
i asked a plumber to quote for a job, which was given to me in writing, but since the job has been completed it actually took alittle longer which the plumber has now revised his original quote to reflect. Surely i dont have to pay this revised quote as why quote for something if you dont keep to the original.
there was nothing unusaul about the job only that it took longer, no additional materials.
thanks

Sponsored Links
If it was a written qutation, then it should always be the same price at the end as the quote.

If it was only an estimate, then he is within his rights to amend the final figure.

Yep, agree with Dave.

A quote guaranteed price, unless there were unforeseen extras, or the quote had a time limit. which they should consult with you first.

One of the big cons in the building trade is to quote cheap, then add on loads of extras. Larger gas pipe for example.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back