Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody else think this sounds awfully cheap?

Re gutter the back of the house. Supply and fit new drain pipe.
Supply and fit 2 new gas cowls.
Refix lead on chimney stack and on front porch £395

Sponsored Links
Does anybody else think this sounds awfully cheap?

Re gutter the back of the house. Supply and fit new drain pipe.
Supply and fit 2 new gas cowls.
Refix lead on chimney stack and on front porch £395
Is that ........Re: gutter (at) the back of the house.- supply and fit new drain pipe. 2 new gas cowls ? Gas Safe work ? Refix lead.

Sponsored Links
Apart from the cowls - I am not sure about the Gas Safe aspect - the rest sounds a fair price

Refix lead might not mean "new lead", but simply a little fixing and repointing.
Seems like a fair price, but as others said, you need to assess the gas aspect of renewing the cowls.

obviously not that easy then... otherwise it would still be in place

I only suggested why the quote might be low. It may be an easy fix but it may not be. What on earth was wrong with that?

The people who have quoted have seen the job and are quoting to re-fix the lead.

If lead is coming off from the chimney wall, possibly it just needs new lead clips and repointing.
That doesn't take long and involves £5 material at most.
Gutter and downpipe is £25 material and an hour labour.
Can't comment on the cowls without seeing them, but as I said, it sounds like a fair price.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back