QUOTES

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to quote only part of a previous post for inclusion in a new post as opposed to including the entire post.

I apologize if this has been asked before but I couldn't find a previous post dealing with this.

Thanks

Tony

Sponsored Links
Only by doing a 'Quote reply' and removing the bits you don't want :)

DIYnot";p="921071 said:
Only by doing a 'Quote reply' and :)

Hi--Thank you for the sugestion.

I'v tried it here to see if it works.

Cheers and thanks

Tony

Sponsored Links
Bahco";p="921190 said:
tonydiy";p="921050 said:
Is it possible to quote only part of a previous post for inclusion in a new post as opposed to including the entire post.

How will the computer know what part of the post you wish to include? ;)

Hi bahco--Nice to meet you.

I though it might work by selecting the specific text you wish to reproduce.

I'll try it and see what hapens

Cheers & thanks.

Tony

That's because you have the 'Disable BBCode in this post' box ticked, this means it displays your posts 'as is' with out converting the BBCode tags (,
etc)

You can permanently allow BBcode in posts, by clicking here and ensuring 'Always allow BBCode' is set to Yes.

Also when posting ensure that 'Disable BBCode in this post' is not ticked and it should work :)

You can permanently allow BBcode in posts, by clicking here and ensuring 'Always allow BBCode' is set to Yes.

Also when posting ensure that 'Disable BBCode in this post' is not ticked and it should work :)

BINGO :!: :!: :D :LOL: ;)

Thank you DIY not

Cheers & regards,

Tony

PS Can't get the smilies though!

tonydiy, you may alos like to try the
icon_edit.gif
button too, it makes reading your posts easier ;)

tonydiy, you may alos like to try the
icon_edit.gif
button too, it makes reading your posts easier ;)

Hi breezer, nice to meet you.

Thank you for your post, but I just don’t seem to be able to find the “EDIT” button when I preview. :cry: :rolleyes: :cry:

Cheers

Tony

you wont. the edit button only appears after you have made a post. but the idea is f you want to ad something you use the edit button, not start a new post

The edit button is at the top left hand side of your post next to the quote button, this allows you to change what you have written.
It doesn't appear in the post a reply pane, or after you have clicked pressed preview.

Sponsored Links
Back