R.I.P Ronnie Biggs

L

longdogs

Whether you love him or hate him, he was certainly one of the best known names for a whole generation.

Should we forgive him now he has gone? After all, we forgave Mandela for doing some bad things in the past (apparently)

Coincidence?

Mandela died hours before the premier of Mandela the film
Biggs died hours before tonight's Great train robbery film on tv

So if someone wants to make a film about you - BEWARE! Film companies will do anything for extra publicity. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thing is, if you were to commit an armed robbery tomorrow and got away with just over £2 million , then got caught a few weeks / months later, you almost certainly wouldn't get 30 yrs in prison. FWIW, I think Ronnie and the others got an extremely harsh sentence, compared to what people get today. ;) ;)

Scumbag. Where I live he was a celebrity. :rolleyes: RIP Jack Mills.

Mandela died hours before the premier of Mandela the film
Biggs died hours before tonight's Great train robbery film on tv

So if someone wants to make a film about you - BEWARE! Film companies will do anything for extra publicity. icon_lol.gif

Perhaps they can do a life story of Piers Morgan? ;)

Sponsored Links
Thing is, if you were to commit an armed robbery tomorrow and got away with just over £2 million , then got caught a few weeks / months later, you almost certainly wouldn't get 30 yrs in prison. FWIW, I think Ronnie and the others got an extremely harsh sentence, compared to what people get today. ;) ;)

Going by today's typical sentencing you'd be unlucky if you got an ASBO!

No idea. Us based in the Southwestern corner of Beds are still having his demise rammed down our throats. Good riddance to the sad old man who only came back here for free healthcare. I hope he rots slowly in hell.

You in Leighton?

I live in Dunstable, my old man doesn't have a high opinion of them either...

Yeah. We have one pub in the town that is a homage to the robbers... ironically, mostly used by the 'travelling fraternally'.

RIP Jack Mills.

Ahh the chap who died from leukemia. Yep.

Yes. The innocent bloke working hard for his honest living, who was coshed and spent his remaining years blighted by poor health because of it, until he died of leukemia. I admire your respect for scum like Biggs, you'll be telling me Ian Watkins was hard done by soon. :mrgreen:

RIP Jack Mills.

Yes. The innocent bloke working hard for his honest living, who was coshed and spent his remaining years blighted by poor health because of it, until he died of leukemia. I admire your respect for scum like Biggs, you'll be telling me Ian Watkins was hard done by soon. :mrgreen:

No sympathy for the guy, live 5 mins away from ledburn and am very familiar with the bridge where it happened, my sympathy goes to the poor guy who was coshed and never recovered make no mistake these guys were scum nothing more.

Come on Jock. That would be £40million today and despite the sentences none of them served more than about 10 years. For armed robbery with violence! And Biggs only served his portion after he'd had his life and all he had left to do was sit in a chair anyway.

I admire your respect for scum like Biggs,

Nowhere , have I said I have any respect for Biggs. I merely pointed out that Jack Mills died from leukaemia.( unless you believe that was caused by the assault) What about the second innocent victim David Whitby who died from a heart attack aged 34 ?

BTW, I do sincerely hope Ian Watkins is released from prison in about 6 months,,,, in a home office body bag. ;) ;)

Nowhere , have I said I have any respect for Biggs
Ok.
I merely pointed out that Jack Mills died from leukaemia.( unless you believe that was caused by the assault)
Why dismiss him in the blatant way you did?
What about the second innocent victim David Whitby who died from a heart attack aged 34 ?
What about him? Perhaps you should re-read what you've typed about the hard working man who was coshed.....

I agree with your last comment, I was out after a year and 2 days for a minor offence. I'd like 5 minutes with him in a cellar, not that I'd use violence.... ;) :D

Sponsored Links
Back