Rabbit Hutch - questons.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I've got a few questions that I can't find answers to so any help would be great.

I need to know what material people use for building the flooring (it's a plastic of some kind).

Also what is the hinge they use for the roof to stop it from closing? I've been googling, and searching screwfixdirect for ages! Still no closer to figuring it out.

Thanks in advance.

Dale.

Sponsored Links
My nephew has rabbits and the floor of their hutch is made from pvc/resin coated ply similar to this: COATED PLY

As far as the hinges are concerned, I'm not sure if you mean box or lid stays like some of THESE or THESE :confused:

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
My nephew has rabbits and the floor of their hutch is made from pvc/resin coated ply similar to this: COATED PLY

As far as the hinges are concerned, I'm not sure if you mean box or lid stays like some of THESE or THESE :confused:

Cheers that's very helpful, I read somewhere they use lino? Or someone used lino on the flooring, not sure if they'd nibble that though.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
You could try lino but my reservations would be the same as yours with regards to nibbling. As long as it has no loose edges and is covered with sawdust, I imagine it should be fine.

When we used to keep rabbits we had floors of bog standard 6x1 rough sawn softwood or shuttering ply and plenty of shavings ,or straw on top.
Rabbits are reknown for chewing and I believe they need to do that to help grind their teeth down which grow continually. Our rabbits would chew anything and everything including the doors to the hutchs (well small sheds really) and I came home one day to find my father had sawn up a lenght of treated tile battern and chucked it in for them. They had ate most of it by the time I found out and it hadn't been the first time. Didn't harm them though, I was expecting to see a run of dead rabbits but the oldest was around 12 years old when he finally died .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back