Rad in bathroom needs bleeding every day.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I Had a new boiler installed early 2014 so could get them out but if a simple fix I will do it to save taking a day off work. All rads heat up but one in upstairs bathroom has to be bleed to get it hot it stays hot all day and next on period requires bleeding ? The system has a header tank so if I am correct does not need to be re pressured via filler pipe. The boiler is a Worcester Bosch greenstar RI. (lPG). Any ideas on what I can do
Thanks Cliff

Sponsored Links
Fit an automatic bleeding valve on the radiator.

Terrible advice...you're just masking a problem with the system.

There's either problems with the pipe configuration or leaks on the system allowing air to be drawn in and collect in this rad.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice, I ordered one of these valves but the other advice is good and I need to rectify it moving forward.

The pump was replaced last year 2013 (new pump)
The boiler was replaced in Mar 2014
The rads/ system was power flushed in 2013

Any ideas where the air could be getting in ?

Cliff

Hi Cliff,

Our bathroom radiator is connected to the hot water circuit still and this radiator (just this one) constantly has air in it. Our pump is on the lowest setting. I use to use an Aladdin value but this has now failed (2nd one).

I'm told the radiator on the hot water circuit will always catch air as it is almost acting as a vent for air trapped in the hot water circuit.

Not much help I know!

thanks any advice is helpful, I am going to check the pump setting tonight it's just strange it's only started recently. But saying that when it was installed in March we didn't have the heating on much so maybe it's something to do with the install of the boiler.?

Cliff

Post the boiler make and model and pipe layout.

It is not normal for radiators/towel radiators to collect air...there is a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back