Rad valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of replacing a radiator. The bits from the old one are all chewed up and unsightly so I bought new push-fit tails from B&Q. The nuts at the lockshield end fit fine, but not the control valve end. It fits to the radiator OK, but is just a gnats too big for the valve end. Any suggestions??

Sponsored Links
Are you saying you are trying to fit the new valve to the old rad connector? if so, why not just take the old one out?

Not quite sure what you mean. Basically, I've got the new rad hanging on the wall; to the left is the lockshield end which is fitted up fine. The connector I bought has an adjustable push fit on the radiator end with a tightening nut. The other end is similar but the end of the pipe is flared out slightly so it won't fit inside the valve and I can't get the big nut onto the thread to tighten it. Make any more sense?

I read your post earlier and didn't understand it. :confused:
What push fit are you using?
The rad with valve on normally sits on top of the feed pipe and you tighten a compression nut with olive onto it.
A pic would help if poss. :D

Sponsored Links
You'll have to file it. We often find that cheap plumbing stuff doesn't fit properly.

This is my penultimate bit of advice. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back