Radial wire size?

the cavity in the dwarf wall ... is already there. It's been there since 1999 when it was installed

I'm thinking of putting a new radial circuit to the conservatory [which] will be run clipped to the bottom of the floor joists (8m from CU to conservatory) and then run in the cavity another 4m to the furthest socket.

Sponsored Links
A highly paid, sun and beats worshipping spark?
Not sure I follow that bud.

Edit; Doh! Got it now.
That's pretty much him.
Although you forgot drunk. He's often drunk. Well weekends and all that. Lol

Last edited:

If you read my post, as it explained, the conservatory is already on the end of a radial circuit that originates through the kitchen.
The kitchen will become a ring.
So the conservatory needs a supply of power.
This is where the 4mm comes in. It will for the time being, be connected to the conservatory radial where that enters the house. (Yes yes, it will be a MF box dont worry yourself)
So using 4mm, at a time when I can get into the conservatory (it right now is called the goods inwards as it's packed full of stuff from the house and new stuff being delivered) I will replace the 2.5mm radial wired sockets with 4mm. This will be through the cavity, as I don't give a ****e about the damp bullsh1t and in a short while the conservatory will be rebuilt.

Sponsored Links
I do think ban could be less bombastic however he is right to warn you, if you intend to say I don't care if I have paper work or not, and I am doing it all as DIY then yes it is unlikely to cause a problem using 4 mm sq cable, however if you are expecting some one to lie and sign to say they did the job, which is what you say you are doing, the ban is right to warn you, I would not sign the paperwork.

No no, it's not that I won't be having someone sign the paperwork, it's more that I am doing the general labouring work for him.
I've channelled out new back boxes and run the cable to it etc. Basically first fix.
And funny enough, he was quite happy for me to do it as let's be fair, running cables in dusty voids and taking up floorboards is a sh1tty job.
The house has most of the floor boards up where the cables and the central heating pipework are being run, so he can see exactly how it's mounted and where.
What I would also say is, having now got 80% of the floor up, upstairs and downstairs, the original builder/plumber/electrician was on a strict timescale shall we say. Not all of it has been chucked in, but a bloody lot of it has.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back