Radiator droning noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi once again , and a happy new year to you all.

Got a problem with my rads.

Had a new combi boiler fitted around 13 months ago and all has appeared to be ok. Now I occasionally get a droning noise from one or two rads which is cured temporary by lowering the rad thermostat and back to its original setting.

On one of the rads, if you raise then lower you can hear a clunk from it.

I have bled the rads but no air seems present.

Thanks in advance for the help

Jase

Sponsored Links
you need new thermostatic rad valves

Probably the flow and return pipes were reveresed when the chap installed your combi and the TRV's you have are not the bi direction types that are used these days

Not a big deal

:)

they were installed at the same time as the new boiler, although I remember him one time taking the valve off and gently tapping the pin. But I cant seem to get them off!

Are they twist or pull off generally?

Most new ones have a knurled ring at the bottom of the numbered head that has to be undone first.

Sponsored Links
mmm

thats rum

I would be tempted to get the changed under warrantee if I were you as they shouldnt be humming

Will have a go myself as if it is just that the pin needs releaseing, then it should not be a problem doing it myself.

If not then I am lucky enough that the guy lives close by but he is very unreliable for further jobs I have asked him to do!

Well if then pins do need releasing AGAIN then the valves aint much cop are they

Just be careful and dont flood yourself

Thanks a lot. Will give it a try on an easy to get at one first!

Will be gentle to the pin. Thanks for the advice as always

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back