Radiator hanging.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a rule of thumb size for screws to hang rads?, which plug to use etc guess that would depend on the dia/size of the screw

Sponsored Links
WelshMan said:
Is there a rule of thumb size for screws to hang rads?
No - rads vary vastly in size and therefore weight.

What are you hanging?

TBH Softus it was just a general question, being a trainee atm all the extra info,advice and tips i can get is a welcome. Can you tell me what you do hanging various size rads plz?

brown plug..13/4- 2 inch number 10 screw usually suffices for a 5 - 6 foot single rad

Sponsored Links
Like what wamganers says: brown plug and No. 10 screws - I keep a box of galvanised round heads for this very purpose.

However, the rads I like to get come with their own fixings, being coach bolts and big plugs needing a 9mm drill (that doesn't seem to exist). In a soft wall an 8mm drill is just rightl if the wall is hard then I wiggle the bit and it becomes 9mm. ;)

Small rads can be hung with 2" No. 8 screws into red plugs (6mm drill).

Does this answer your question?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back