Radiator inserts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry I don't know the proper name for these. They are the things that go inside the radiator and connect to the valves.

do they come in different lengths?

I ask because i need to replace a radiator that is 1150mm wide with a new one, the closest thing is 1100mm w or 1000mm wide. If i get the 1150mm wide radiator with a longer insert could i bridge the 50mm gap. I've seen the extending ones and read really bad reviews. If there is an alternative to draining the system and adjusting the pipes please tell me.

many thanks

Sponsored Links
The extension tails are not ideal you have to get them dead inline and spot on otherwise they will leak.
Best way really is to drain down and adjust the pipework to suit

You can get fixed rad extension pieces from 20mm up to 50mm. I think Armo74 is thinking about the extending ones, I've never had problems with the fixed length ones.

Sponsored Links
As said, avoid the extending valve extensions, seen too many leak - go for fixed length. I would get the 1100 rad and a couple of the 25mm Toolstation extensions in Blagard's link.

Bridging such a small gap, no one will even notice that the pipes were originall for a slightly wider rad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back