Radiator is always hot even with CH OFF!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

These few days, finding the radiator hot. The programmer shows CH OFF. Checking the mid-position valve (with A3MID Acuator head) finds that the pipe to the radiator (connecting to Port B) is hot.

Removing the cover of the head so I can see the motor, springs, etc. and did the following:

(1) I turned off the power (of the entire house, as not sure which switch is for the main system controlling the boiler/heating system. Is it the one near the Programmer). Follow the tips given at: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=287357, by pushing the lever below the actuator across the slot, it seems hat the the valve is not sticky.

(2) Got the partner to turn on/off power while I was watching the Acuator head. No single slight movement seen or heard. From the Programmer, On/Off both/either HW or CH seems not 'activating' the head at all.

So, problem with the Acuator? Advice further check such as electric test (using meter)?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Change new 3 port valve...its letting by to heating and it might be the rubber ball is damaged

Port b is normally connected to HW not CH

Sponsored Links
I once plumbed a bathroom radiator/towel rail feed from before the 3-way divertor valve, so that the towel rail was warm whenever the boiler was on - CH or HW or both. This kept the bathroom and the towels nice and dry and warm, which earned many brownie points from her indoors! Also cheaper, because if you just wanted a shower you only needed to put HW on to get a shower and a warm bathroom.

(thermostatic valve on the bathroom rad too)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back