radiator keys

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when i was in my early 20's i managed to completely swallow a stelrad radiator key the lead ones

very nasty things to go into your system

just wondering if theres any help and support around for this type of thing
im 28 now and i think its passed through but im still recovering from a medical condition whitch funnely enough came on and started around the time i swallowed it

ive been to a&e only to get denied a xray because the doctors say this should have passed naturally

due to the sheer size of the keys i find it hard to accept this would pass easilly .

has anyone else been through similar experience it would be great to hear peoples thoughts

and im new to the forum

Sponsored Links
Hello and welcome. Those keys are zinc coated steel not lead. It would have passed for sure(y)

Last edited:
The narrowest point in the gut is where the epiglottis is situated - in the throat. If any object passes through this, it will pass through completely ie if you swallowed something, it won't get stuck and will eventually pass through.

Xrays of the abdomen require lots of radiation, which in itseld exposes you to risk of cancer.

Sponsored Links
51gi58BS2WL._SX374_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Do suffer from regular fevers? Like regular bouts of running hot and cold? :)

yes it bled from both ends and ive noticed i can reach for things easier now.

also not sure if its relevant but i can remember my urine been very dark one time almost black in colour.
and im hot and cold all the time

thanks for replying

Don't be fobbed off by A&E or your doctors. Demand they investigate your symptoms rather than investigate whether you have the key inside you. Good luck

Being several years, this is neither an accident nor an emergency. That's why they won't do much.

I'd go back to your GP and have a chat about your symptoms.

That's right. Talk about your symptoms otherwise the Doc will think you've got a fixation about the key.

I think the key is a redherring. OP probably passed it a few days later and unless they checked their stools each time they opened their bowels, OP probably missed the key.

The other symptoms are more concerning and OP should focus on those.

OP, what would you do if the x-rays were clear but you still had those symptoms? You'd go speak to your doctor. That's what you should do here. Ignore the key. You probably passed it years ago. The other symptoms are more worrying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back