Radiator lockshield valve - what type?

2 Nov 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi. I need to remove a radiator but just need to check - the lockshield valve seems to have an adjustable cover. It won't come off and has + and - signs on with arrows. If I turn it in the minus direction will that isolate the radiator? (Obviously also turning off the thermostat valve).

I removed them years ago but can't remember what worked and all the videos talk about taking the caps off. Cheers
View attachment 277799
Sponsored Links
Cant view the attachment ,post a pic directly onto this site.
To close the valve turn it clockwise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links