Radiator not getting hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a radiator in my conservatory which does not heat up. The thermostatic valve gets hot but no matter how far i open the thermostat the radiator does not heat. I have checked the Thermo valve and the pin inside seems to be going up and down with the control knob.

Any suggestions as to the problem . . ..

Sponsored Links
Yes . . I've tried closing and re-opening that valve and nothing happens . . . . . .

Sponsored Links
I have just tried that . . no joy, however i have also screwed the thermostat head off and when the valve is fully open it now seems that the "pin" isn't moving..

When the other rads are off i cannot hear any water flow into this rad like i do on the others.

This radiator was fitted after the rest and the engineer used plastic microbore . .

if the pin is not moving try some wd40 and "press the pin several times..it should come loose and come back out (and open the valve)

Many thanks . I have tried that to no avail . . I think i t may be the valve itself. . . . .Is this changeable without draining the whole system ? ? ? ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back