Radiator schoolboy error!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just spent a couple of hours fitting a new radiator. I fitted the brackets and then spent a frustrating twenty minutes attempting to hang the radiator on them. Once it was hanging the connections lined up beautifully. I filled and leak tested the radiator without a hitch. As I was standing back to admire my work I noticed that one end of the rad was half an inch closer to the wall than the other end. You guessed it: I'd fitted one of the brackets the wrong way round!! My question is this: Is there any need for me to take the rad off and change the bracket round (apart from cosmetic reasons)?I can live with it the way it is and so can my wife.

Sponsored Links
Top tip Terence!! :)

What I will say is that the rad is fitted to the wall that the bedroom door opens onto, so you won't see the narrow end of the radiator most of the time as the door will be against it. I'm tempted to change it but the fact that the rest of the job went without a hitch is making me reluctant to mess around with it. What if I have problems lining the connections up or it leaks?

Sponsored Links
:eek: :eek:

Lift it off the bracket so the rad is off the wall the same distance as the other side and support with a few books or a couple of bricks , job done.

purely cosmetic, i'd change it, but that's just me, i freak out in customers houses if pictures are hanging squint and have to restrain myself from straightening them!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back