radiator size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
May I ask for help please as to what size of radiator I will need for my bedroom.
the room is 3m x 4m and 2.6m high and I thought that I would use one of the chrome ladder style ones,but have no idea what size one I should buy.
Sorry to be so dense, but help would be appreciated.
thank you.

Sponsored Links
the "chrome ladder" ones are generally regarded as towel warmers or towelrails and have a low heat output, not really what you want for a bedroom

Thank you for this....does this mean that they cant be ussed in a bedroom then?
only my bathroom is tiny and I sooooooo fancied having warm towels/robe etc!

Sponsored Links
you could use it and you will have warm towels and robes, but your bedroom will be cold!

Thank you both very much for the assistance.
It seems that I can have one so long as it is large enough...so a hunting I do go .
BRILLIANT very helpful :D

If yours is an upstairs bedroom in a house of standard construction, you would need a standard type double radiator of approx 500mm high by 700mm long.

To get a similar output from a towel 'warmer', you would need one approx 3 metres tall by 3 metres long.

Towel radiators are poor at convecting heat, so you would need a huge one specially made for you, which your kids can use as a climbing frame! ;)

Get a normal rad, and a towel rack to clip on it from Argos.

:D your kids can use as a climbing frame!

Now there s an idea..........now if I could only train the dog to climb it too!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back