Radiators not heating in new build

Joined
28 Feb 2012
Messages
43
Reaction score
3
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just moved into a new build that has a Honeywell T3 wired thermostat installed, connected to a Logic Combi ESP1 35 boiler.

I wanted to test the heating out before I actually need it on regularly.

Set the programme to come on for a couple of hours now at 24C (it's currently 21 in the house). Flame icon is displayed on thermostat. All radiator valves are open. Boiler fires up, pressure is 1.5, pipes that should feel hot do.

But all radiators remain cold.

Same issue whether I set manual or auto on thermostat.

Is there anything else I can check before I contact my landlord?

Thanks
 
Just check the return is open under the boiler - maybe post a photo of the underneath?. Are any of the radiators heating up?
 
Ah yeah, it's open I think - both the left and right pipe heat up when it's on.

Also the 00 on the boiler says 51C when the heating is on.
 

Attachments

  • 20261007_214951.jpg
    20261007_214951.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20261007_215002.jpg
    20261007_215002.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 11
Ah yeah, it's open I think - both the left and right pipe heat up when it's on.

Also the 00 on the boiler says 51C when the heating is on.
Ok, yep, both are in the open position. No in-built timer, but irrelevant imo as it’s firing and in ch mode. The only other 3 I’d say is:
1: air lock - but I would expect some heat to some rads
2: lockshield valves closed - you said all valves are open (which will be trv’s). Lockshield Sam should have a white cap on - removable by hand or screw - if you can or want to post a photo? Otherwise just get someone out under the defect agreement
3: it’s on zonal Heating (x2 thermostats) and one or both not opening
 
Ok, yep, both are in the open position. No in-built timer, but irrelevant imo as it’s firing and in ch mode. The only other 3 I’d say is:
1: air lock - but I would expect some heat to some rads
2: lockshield valves closed - you said all valves are open (which will be trv’s). Lockshield Sam should have a white cap on - removable by hand or screw - if you can or want to post a photo? Otherwise just get someone out under the defect agreement
3: it’s on zonal Heating (x2 thermostats) and one or both not opening
It is on zonal heating. One thermo upstairs and one down. How does that affect it?
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top