Radiators not heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone, since draining and refilling my central heating system 2 of my radiators are not heating correctly although I cant be sure that they were heating before as I have not lived here all that long so could be that I have only noticed it, It is oil fired central heating and the 2 radiators that are not heating are both downstairs and furthest away from the boiler they have a very very small amount of heat in them and I mean small, all radiators have been bled so I am pretty sure there is no air in the radiators.

Any help would be appreciated.

David.

Sponsored Links
Turn off all the rads which do get hot. If the two problem rads now get hot, the problem is due to the system being out of balance, i.e. the rads are not getting the correct flow though them.

Read How to balance a CH system

Cheers for that, just tried turning all the other radiators off and those 2 are heating up, will get the thermometers at the weekend and give this a go.

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back