Radiators not heating

Sponsored Links
I can't think of the name but it begins with a "T", and he said I have to replace like for like due to how many wires there are in the valves.
Possibly Tower. One thing I would check is inside, I’ve had some Drayton valves recently on new builds “fail” after 12 months, turns out it’s just 2 loose screws holding the innards together.

putting both valves into the manual setting will not bring the boiler on, that lever is for filling the system when first installed

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
But it did to start with?
no it didnt one of the va;ves was working the other wasnt, the way these valves work is the motor when powered opens the valve to the man position then a tiny bit further and makes a micro switch , this switch brings the boiler on, when you manually move the lever to man the mechanism doesnt move far enough to bring the boiler on.
If you set one valve to man the valve will open, then when the working valve comes on the switch from the working valve will bring the boiler on and both zones will heat, but with both set to man no signal is sent to the boiler to fire

• Thanks
no it didnt one of the va;ves was working the other wasnt, the way these valves work is the motor when powered opens the valve to the man position then a tiny bit further and makes a micro switch , this switch brings the boiler on, when you manually move the lever to man the mechanism doesnt move far enough to bring the boiler on.
If you set one valve to man the valve will open, then when the working valve comes on the switch from the working valve will bring the boiler on and both zones will heat, but with both set to man no signal is sent to the boiler to fire
That makes sense. Thanks

• Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back