Radiators were removed and now they dont heat up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Over the weekend, I had some guys in to plaster my living room. They removed the radiators for us, and put them back on too. But when they put them back on they said we would need to bleed them.
We did so, but when we turned on the boiler, the radiators that they removed were cold. The remaining radiators in the house get hot, but the two that were removed stay cold.
Someone mentioned it could be an air lock.....but each time I call a plumber they seem reluctant to come out straight away. I have a plumber coming in 3 weeks time to look at my dishwasher and he said he'll look at the radiators then....but if its an easy task, then i'd rather try and fix it myself.
Can anyone suggest a solution please?

Sponsored Links
Check that they have opened the locksheild valve as well. If they have just done the trv end (or on/off valve) you would have been able to bleed them but will get no flow.

If they are open, turn off hot water, turn on heating, turn off all rads except one that is cold, and air lock should be pushed through, then do the same with the other cold rad.

are the valves at both sides of the rads open?

if so, turn on the heating and switch off all other rads except one of the cold ones. see if it pushes some air through and starts to heat. do the same with the other one.

Sponsored Links
blocked cold feed. ?

do a search, then take a week off to read the results. :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back