Raditor off and is cold but office room is still warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The radiator pipes (22mm or thicker) in my wife's office are hot and continue to heat the small office room although the radiator is turned off.

I put some kind of insulation around the pipes, will this reduce the heating effect of the hot pipes ?

If so, what kind of insulation might I try ? e.g. the grey expanded foam stuff or is there anything more suitable, please ?

Sponsored Links
I put some kind of insulation around the pipes, will this reduce the heating effect of the hot pipes ?
Yes

If so, what kind of insulation might I try ? e.g. the grey expanded foam stuff or is there anything more suitable, please ?
The grey expanded foam is fine. There are usually two versions available for each pipe size. The difference is in the thickness of the foam. Go for the thicker version as it will reduce the heat more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back