rain blowing in under front door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can any one help? Can't afford a new door. Can I do anything to stop rain blowing in under it. The door is wooden.

Sponsored Links
Do you have a door threshold or weatherboard on the bottom of the door including a groove underneath acting as a rain drip? Any metal or plastic water bar on the cill? or too much gap round the door?

There're many type of rain cill protector you can fit, one of them below

StormguardCill.gif

http://www.cglass.co.uk/stormguard-trimline-cill-pr-17011.html

Hi - I have this problem also. I have a wooden weatherboard at the bottom of the door which includes the groove for a rain drip, but water still blows underneath. Is there an extra rubber seal or something that I can add to it? It opens inwards btw.
Thanks very much for any help offered.

Sponsored Links
Thanks - my problem is that the door already has a wooden weatherboard at the bottom, and these fittings look like they affix to the door itself rather than as an additional element onto the existing weatherboard. I'd rather not replace the weatherboard as I'm not much of a dab hand at these things.

I've seen that there are products called 'rubber floor seals' that are advertised for using with garage doors, and wonder whether something similar might work for me to sit just in front of the bottom of the weatherboard?

Thanks so much for replying. Hopefully you can advise me on this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back