RAISING A PITCHED ROOF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am buying a bungalow in sussex and would like to have a loft conversion but the internal height of the loft is about 30 to 40 cm too low.

It is a pitched roof with no gables approx 28feet long by 15 feet wide.

I would like to completely replace the roof with an increased pitch to get more height to allow a loft conversion.

To the nearest 10K what do you think the cost may be? (I'm not too fussed about tile type).

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
are planning ok with you raising the ridge line? i always thought this was a definite no-go area?

I am wondering just what altering the pitch will achieve in practical terms.

OK, the centre of the loft will have 400mm more height, but the angle of the roof will still mean that 200mm off centre the ceiling is still low.

In effect, if you stand in the centre, your head will no longer touch the ceiling, but your shoulders will be pretty close.

Your only (best?) hope is to go for flat roofed dormers, which will get the necessary headroom.

And if these are acceptable to planning, then they can meet at a higher ridge level

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back