Raking it up again

To repeat an earlier point...these people send themselves to prison, no one else. Judges merely advise them of the prize/reward that their actions has provided for them and which the state is happy to pay for.

If these prisons were devoid of creature comforts, then it may act as a disincentive for some.

This is nothing to do with human rights, and everything to do with a particular individual receiving the treatment that he has asked for through his actions. He chose to kill those girls and lie throughout the whole search for them, and pleaded his innocence throughout the trial, and lied when giving his own version of accounts (he admitted this on tape some time later in prison).

His reward is as it is, which unfortunately for him makes him despised and under threat. He opted into this, so should realise that he has to accept the consequences.

Sponsored Links
Not even in the same league, along with brady, venables, thompson, sutcliffe and too many others to mention. :evil:

(Notice the deliberate lack of capital letters).

me too, they don't deserve a capital letter even....

Now i expect moody mick to come along and tell me i missed off the Mr !!although he posts at strange hours so we'll probably miss each other again !

....i reckon Huntley would've quite happily have killed yours or my daughter !! and there are many more out there like Huntley......

So the sooner we start getting tough with these dregs of society and denying THEM their human rights by removing all non-essential items such as tv's, playstations etc the sooner we will be able to relax just a little.

Good point, if prison wasn't considered such a 'cushy' place to be, then when the scum of society get sent there for the rest of their days we would be able to accept it without demanding for all these other slightly ridiculous methods of punishment that have been suggested.

even though Huntley has got about the same chances of ever being released as old Myra Hindley (spooky similarity in the surname though), many of the people he's locked with will be released at some point.
It would be comforting to think that they had been rehabilitated, but instead I find it worrying that prison seem to be a villains playground with these hitlists, who's the daddy and other schoolboy nonsense.

It seems to be accepted in prison culture that they are going to behave like animals whilst in custody, and nothing gets done to prevent or punish these antics.

(To those who may have considered me a bleeding-heart softy, the fact that they were kids is irrelevant to me. I don't see that the age of the victims has any bearing, everyone is someone's son or daughter)

A life is a life, if you take one you should be given as equal punishment as any other murderer.

Good point, if prison wasn't considered such a 'cushy' place to be, then when the scum of society get sent there for the rest of their days we would be able to accept it without demanding for all these other slightly ridiculous methods of punishment that have been suggested.

even though Huntley has got about the same chances of ever being released as old Myra Hindley (spooky similarity in the surname though), many of the people he's locked with will be released at some point.
It would be comforting to think that they had been rehabilitated, but instead I find it worrying that prison seem to be a villains playground with these hitlists, who's the daddy and other schoolboy nonsense.

It seems to be accepted in prison culture that they are going to behave like animals whilst in custody, and nothing gets done to prevent or punish these antics.

(To those who may have considered me a bleeding-heart softy, the fact that they were kids is irrelevant to me. I don't see that the age of the victims has any bearing, everyone is someone's son or daughter)

A life is a life, if you take one you should be given as equal punishment as any other murderer.
Totally agree with just one exception. I don't give a flying ferk about this concept of "rehabilitation"; since IMO this is precisely the thing that makes prison a soft touch. Too many khaki trousered gayboy/dykes think this up while on drugs at uni, putting the world to rights. They forget that the criminal classes pi$$ about on their carpeted cell floors, laughing with utter contempt.

Sponsored Links
....i reckon Huntley would've quite happily have killed yours or my daughter !! and there are many more out there like Huntley......

So the sooner we start getting tough with these dregs of society and denying THEM their human rights by removing all non-essential items such as tv's, playstations etc the sooner we will be able to relax just a little.

Up to a point i was liking your comments... we seem to have got you back on board.... and then suddenly you do the kids = anyone thing...

wow!!! i'm gob smacked!!! :cry: :cry:

if i go out in town for a few beers and being a bit p1ssed off that my team lost... could get a bit mouthy in a pub and start mouthing off at a group of lads with a scottish flag for example... i could think i was hard and pile in and get stabbed and die. Compare that to a 7 year old girl, pretty, playing with my best friend on a summers evening.... and huntley persuades me to get into his car to see some puppies.... he takes me to his cellar and proceeds to sexually abuse me for two days before suffocating me.

i could've described that far worse, but chose not to.

i agree alife is a life... but the nature of taking it can be extremely different.... i'm sitting here shaking my head, not knowing what to type i'm so disappointed. :rolleyes: :cry:

It's a case of the bleeding heart liberal minded do gooders again. They came up with the concept of Human Rights. The EU bureaucrats took this onboard and extended this to law and we end up with the Human Rights Act, now enshrined in UK law.

The biggest problem with the law is the way it's used. Time and time again it seems to be used to protect the rights of lawbreakers, rather than protect the rights of law abiding citizens.
How many times do we read about the HRA being used to support the rights of those in prison?
How many times do we read about the human rights of victims:?:

Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman had human rights and were denied these by Huntley , who now uses the same act designed to protect these young girls, to his advantage. :mad: :mad: :mad:
The Human Rights Act desperately needs re-wording or re-assessing to redress the balance in favour of law abiding people rather than the criminals.

Huntley get's attacked in prison,,,, It's no less than he deserves.

It's a case of the bleeding heart liberal minded do gooders again. They came up with the concept of Human Rights. The EU bureaucrats took this onboard and extended this to law and we end up with the Human Rights Act, now enshrined in UK law.

The biggest problem with the law is the way it's used. Time and time again it seems to be used to protect the rights of lawbreakers, rather than protect the rights of law abiding citizens.
How many times do we read about the HRA being used to support the rights of those in prison?
How many times do we read about the human rights of victims:?:

Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman had human rights and were denied these by Huntley , who now uses the same act designed to protect these young girls, to his advantage. :mad: :mad: :mad:
The Human Rights Act desperately needs re-wording or re-assessing to redress the balance in favour of law abiding people rather than the criminals.

Huntley get's attacked in prison,,,, It's no less than he deserves.

i agree totally .. an individual has rights, but that needs weighing up against the 'many'..

Simple solution is that if you behave in such a way that you send yourself to prison, then you have automatically opted out of having any human rights. If you want to have your human rights, then there is a simple alternative - don't commit the crime.

Problem solve immediately!

Huntleys case is quite simple.
If he succeeds in an attempt to gain money then in future on health and safety grounds and in the light of a risk assesment Huntley will have to be kept away from all other prisoners.

Solitary confinement in a rubber room where he cannot harm himself would seem the perfect ending to this bleating piece of self pitying crap.

Simple solution is that if you behave in such a way that you send yourself to prison, then you have automatically opted out of having any human rights. If you want to have your human rights, then there is a simple alternative - don't commit the crime.

you obviously didn't read my earlier post where i said human rights need to be earned...(on a points basis.. i.e. you get through school without being expelled... you have no criminal record by the time you're 18 etc etc..). And if you opt out of the human rights scheme, you enter the animal rights theatre...

I'd just like to add that, I'm almost in tears now thinking that this piece of human detritus could even consider such a claim. I won't contribute any more to this thread, due to it being a very, very emotive subject.
Cheers lads.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

you obviously didn't read my earlier post where i said human rights need to be earned...(on a points basis.. i.e. you get through school without being expelled... you have no criminal record by the time you're 18 etc etc..). And if you opt out of the human rights scheme, you enter the animal rights theatre...
I've just gone back and re-read it. :oops: I disagree, in that I believe that everyone should have human rights as a matter of course. I agree that someone has the right to opt out, and this kicks into effect precisely at the time that they have decided to send themselves to prison (upon committing the criminal act).

I am not well versed enough in the field of animal rights to form an opinion as to whether is is suitable or not.

I'd just like to add that, I'm almost in tears now thinking that this piece of human detritus could even consider such a claim. I won't contribute any more to this thread, due to it being a very, very emotive subject.
Cheers lads.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
You're not alone on this one john.

have thought for a long time that our law system is inadequate for dealing with the likes of lockerbie bombers, attempted suicide bombers and certain other evil doings.

My thoughts are that after any horrendous crime was comitted a court case would review the crime to ascertain if it was an inhuman act. If the judgement was that it was an inhuman act then it would follow that the guilty have forfeited their human rights.

And they would be sentenced to a whole life term of solitary confinement, they would never speak or see another human being for the rest of their lives. I think execution is too kind.

Sponsored Links
Back