Randall 102 replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I currently have a Randall 102 central heating timer, and a back boiler both work fine and I don't wish to replace the backboiler but what I do want to replace the timer to one with a remote so I can turn it on or off anywhere in the house, at present the timer is located at the top of the cellar which is dark and difficult to get to, it seems that I can do a straight swap with a dreyfuss 102e7 but the timer seems very expensive for what it is and it doesn't come with a remote either.
Can I fit any other timer with a remote easily?
Also I don't have any thermostat on the system so it's either on or off same with all but one of the rads, is it easy to fit one of these?

I know it's alot of questions but ty for your time.

Sponsored Links
Hi thankyou for your reply.

I think this is what I'm trying to do,'could I fit any wireless stat to my existing timer, I take it I wounding have to do anything to the actual boiler. Cheers again

Sponsored Links
Hi again, right I've bought a rf programmable room thermostat Horsteman hrfs1, probably not a great thermostat but it was from b&q and I live quite close.

Anyways the b&q guy said I would be able to replace my current time switch, the randhall with this, but I don't think I can because the thermostat won't control just my hot water when I don't want heating on.
So I'm wondering if I was to wire this to my existing timer how would I go about it.

Thankyou for any help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back