Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

The oven on my 110 continued to spark when lit. Switched it off and tried to light again. It now sparks but doesn't light.
Tried the other oven and exactly the same thing. Continued to spark when lit and after switching off would not light at all but does spark.
Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
Is there definitely gas present? Has anything fallen onto the pilot assembly? Does food often drop onto the pilot assembly?

Yes there is gas. I can smell it although it won't light using a lighter. It's both Ovens and the second oven is barely used.

I don't suppose anyone has any input please? The issue is still not fixed.

Sponsored Links
Make sure the clock isn't flashing '00:00' put a time in press the first two buttons then + or -

Then one at a time turn the oven on and off several times ....do you hear a clunk ?
If you do the oven should light with a taper. When on for a couple of minutes should flame up. Same with both ovens .....no clunk = electrical fault no bigger flame ( stays small ) fsd fault.

Spark or no spark on continuous sparking.
Generator or HT lead or electrode fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back