Raspberry Pi

Sponsored Links
Have you seen the THREE Pi threads mentioned at the bottom of THIS page?

Have you tried the Pi forums?
There are literally thousands of discussions about it, surely at the very least 1 must be about interfacing to an alarm.

BTW - what would you want the pi to do in relation to your alarm? (completely replace it perhaps?)

Hi, if you have a Honeywell Galaxy alarm, you can do some cool stuff like running the Java based Galaxy VirtualKeypad http server software I wrote several years ago. This allows you to load a virtual keypad from your web browser. The http server runs on the Pi. The software is free at www.sm-alarms.co.uk

If you have a G2 panel, you need an LCE Ethernet module to do this. If you have a dimension or flex, then a serial connection to the pi will work with the ser2net driver.

Sponsored Links
GalaxyGuy - can you give me a bit more info on how to connect the pi to dimension?

You need to convert the TTL outputs on the raspberry pi over to RS232 levels. You can then connect directly to the Galaxy serial port with a null MODEM cable. On the Pi, you can configure ser2net (see pi forums for that). Once you have that, you will have a TCP network port for the panel that will connect through the serial port. You then need to install Java on the Pi to run the virtual keypad software. I did create a Pi PCB hat with an RS232 chip and DC-DC converter, but never went any further with it.

If you enable access to the Pi network from external clients, then you can also connect to the panel with RSS using the ser2net network port. You may want to install VPN for this part though.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back