Rated People

Sponsored Links
I just clicked on the link, read you picking out something I said, saying I was wrong, quoting some nonsense, and replied. 25% vs 41% and it it WAS voters of England who got us the tories, people did, y'know elect 100's of them to parliament, those people were voters who went out, in significantly greater number than for any other party and voted for the tories. You chose to pick that out and claim I was wrong. If you genuinely thought less than 25% of English voters voted tory then you might not be trolling but I thought you would know better than to think it was even feasible in our system, where 2 parties are dominant as we still have (for now) for 25% popular vote to translate into parliamentary majority, at least without implicating that somehow the tory vote was massively higher outside England.

Because England has 84% of the UK's population whatever way England votes is what the UK gets, that is what has happened since the war with only a few years exceptions and never tipping balance of power between the 2 useless main parties, IIRC

You're the one calling me abusive, but I am only standing up to you - if you think it's acceptable to pick on people's comments then when they bite start what is essentially an articulate flame war (which let's face it, you must have done at least dozens if not hundreds of times) then you're going to have to put up with it.

Did Scotland not vote to remain in the UK and therefore agree to abide by such results?

Why does it still have its own Parliament?

As you know, what the Scots voted for is not what is now being offered.

upload_2017-3-21_1-54-43.png

Sponsored Links
I just clicked on the link, read you picking out something I said, saying I was wrong, quoting some nonsense, and replied.
No - you didn't "just reply".

You accused me of deliberately posting something inflammatory in order to provoke an argument or to upset you, for the simple reason that I said "less than 25%" instead of "less then half".

Think about that. Because I didn't use the same meaning of "voters" as you, and because I didn't pick up on the fact that you were upset at what English voters did and so I used the figure for the UK-wide % of the electorate, you accused me of making a disruptive, off-topic post for my own amusement.

So come on - justify that. Show that it was a reasonable thing to say.

Or actively refuse or simply ignore that request, and thereby confirm that you KDW that you had zero justification for it.

25% vs 41% and it it WAS voters of England who got us the tories, people did, y'know elect 100's of them to parliament, those people were voters who went out, in significantly greater number than for any other party and voted for the tories.

Less.

Than.

Half.

Think about that.

MOST of the people who voted in English constituencies said that they wanted someone else to win.

At a per-constituency level in England, in only 171 out of the 318 seats the Tories won did most of the voters say they wanted a Tory to win.

Think about that. In 147 seats they won despite the fact that they were chosen by less than half of the voters.

Do not blame the voters of England for the fact that we have a broken electoral system!

You chose to pick that out and claim I was wrong. If you genuinely thought less than 25% of English voters voted tory then you might not be trolling but I thought you would know better than to think it was even feasible in our system, where 2 parties are dominant as we still have (for now) for 25% popular vote to translate into parliamentary majority, at least without implicating that somehow the tory vote was massively higher outside England.
That figure of 25% referred to the total electorate. And it is correct. At the last election less than 25% of the electorate of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland voted to have a Tory government.

If you want to look at those who turned out to vote, then at the last election less than 37% of the voters of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland voted to have a Tory government.

Think about that. Over the whole country almost 2 people in 3 who went into a polling booth said they wanted someone other than the Tories to be in charge.

Do not blame the voters of England for the fact that we have a broken electoral system!

You're the one calling me abusive, but I am only standing up to you
Standing up to me?

Because I used a figure for UK-wide % of the electorate and you were talking about an England-only % of voters, you accused me of being a troll.

if you think it's acceptable to pick on people's comments then when they bite start what is essentially an articulate flame war (which let's face it, you must have done at least dozens if not hundreds of times) then you're going to have to put up with it.
Put up with what?

False accusations which impugn my honesty and integrity? No.

You saying you can't be bothered to actually look up the facts which you want to argue about because I'll then write obscure, unclear, unintelligible or bewildering rubbish? No.

You saying I should crawl back into my self-imposed exile because my usefulness to this forum died out long ago? No.

You making all of these accusations and being utterly unprepared to even try to justify them? No.

As you know, what the Scots voted for is not what is now being offered.

View attachment 116059
Did you see that one of the reasons Empress Treeza gave for not allowing Scotland to have an independence referendum in 18-24 months time was "people wouldn’t have the necessary information to make such a crucial decision"?

You couldn't make it up.

Out of interest I tried the links to the original poor instructions, and now it seems they have all been removed. I needed an electrician to wire my mothers house, I could only find two firms able to complete within the time scale I had, my mother was in a home for 6 weeks it needed completing before she was due home. From that it would seem electricians at least in my area are not short of work, so why would they want to pay rated people for jobs?

As for EU and Scotland, clearly the referendums should have been the other way around, but really nothing to do with this thread so if you want to talk about that another thread should be started.

The so-called "EU" is an affront to decency and progress in the world anyway. Thankfully it will now collapse.

The Scots should have declared independence but there is absolutely no logic in seeking independence whilst simultaneously seeking to be ruled from Brussels. It's an absolute nonsense which the Provisionals pursued here - plenty of proof that they are not a Republican body and have not been for quite some time. Republican policy was always to have nothing to do with the so-called "EU".

.... ruled from Brussels ....
I would ask you to explain that, were it not for the fact that anybody who uses that phrase has clearly left the world of truth and entered into a fantasy realm made of lies of their own construction.

Much like those who believe that Londonderry resides within the borders of the Republic of Ireland.

Why oh why oh why can't we live in a society where people are brought up with values of honesty, decency, trustworthiness etc, and just not do bad work?

I wouldn't do it, and I don't think you would.

What makes some people have such low moral standards?

I genuinely think that a lot of people rate their abilities and have no idea their workmanship is poor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back