rating powertools from diy sheds dewalt metabo bosch etc

cheers thats 2 more people rating will give the new update next week end
if any body wants to add please do:cool: :cool:

Sponsored Links
Bit late to this - hope it's still valid.

Blue Bosch 2-speed hammer drill- bulletproof old Swiss-made lump of a thing that's now permanently attached to an angle drive for joist holing - 9

Green Bosch - nearly bulletproof, at least the ones I had only broke after many years of intensive abuse - 8

Makita 7.2V cordless - utterly toy-like in appearance, but the appearance is deceptive; these things will go on and on and on, drilling and screwing all day long. Bit slow, but they get there - 8

Makita 14.4V cordless - depends on end of the market - the pro-grade ones are fantastic, the Marathon motors allied with decent NiMh batteries make an impressive combination - 8

Atlas Copco (AEG) 110V SDS - unburstable - 9

Makita 240V SDS - so far, unburstable - 8

Makita circ saw - done everything I've asked of it for 20 years - 9

Bosch 240V SDS-Max drill/breaker - heavy sod but just keeps working - the swivel lock on the tool holder has bust, though, so that's a 7.

Bosch 12V SDS - keeps on going and going, can't break it but the batteries would make your eyes bleed. Now using Makita batteries - for reliability it deserves a 9 though.

Aldi 14.4V drill/driver - hasn't broken yet, but it will and the battery is utter crap; a throwaway tool - 3

DeWalt 110V jigsaw - so nice to use, just works and produces reliable, predictable cuts - 9

Aldi 240V recip saw - hasn't broken yet, been in use a couple of years, feels ok to use and perhaps might be ok - 4

AEG 110V drill/breaker - a bit light compared to the Bosch breaker and has a tendency to break tools at the neck - so a 6 for that. Electrically, all it ever needed was new brushes.

Looking at the list, I see the majority of the ones I use most are Makita and that's simply because I found I could rely on them to just work and get the work done without spending a fortune. I also found that buying used pro-grade tools that haven't done a million hours can really pay off if you have some part of the kit already - like batteries and chargers from another application.

i think i have lost the paperwork now lol
you can update it yourself if you like it was the combination off comments on here and the other forum you posted in [uhm] ;)
all i did was count only one off 2 post if posted on both forums and divide the total off points per tool by the number off posters

there was 2 other posts and the only main difference was hitachi came above ryobi in the end

you actually need hundreds off reports on tools to get a fair and honest answer
in such a small sample 2 votes can turn a good vote into a disaster if they are really really cheesed off and go zero because off a bad phone call rather than a tool fault

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back