ravenheat white star flue enigma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am sorted now thanks,29 people looked at my question but one person had put themselves out to try and answer and i thank him, but all i have to say about this site ,is the so called enginers dont bother trying to give advice even if it does not help the lay man they are only conserned about always get a CORGI reg person to look at whatever the problem is as gas can kill but most people are looking for advise, not to get ripped off as there are loads out there who will,as i have the CORGI enginer who actually fixed my boiler after getting all the parts that was not the problem was sorry after costing me £262 said all i needed was a new flue seal as other seal had deteriated. So what is this site suppose to do give all enginers an ego to how superior they are i dont think so. Looking at some of the forum all it is about is trying to get one upmonship on your fellow CORGI colleagues GET A LIFE .

Sponsored Links
Touchy!
I think you'll find the people who looked at your first post (myself included) did not answer because they didn't feel they knew the answer to your problem.
What do you want people to do invent an answer which might even add to your troubles & expense, as the old saying goes "if you haven't got anything constructive to say then don't say it". Something you may want to consider yourself!

You must have a lot of bad luck in your house - looking back over your posts, you appear to have been through about seven boilers in the last few years!

Just goes to show, if you had a competent engineer you may not have had to change your boiler so often ;)

I seriously hope you aren't a landlord who risks their tenants' lives with cheapo gas work.

But what would I know, I'm just a DIYer.

I am a Landlord i do have a lot of property and several different boilers but most are covered by bg but they just change parts all i am asking for is advise to what the problem might be , not that im going to fix it my self sometimes knowing a little advise may help me not getting ripped off as for not thinking about my tenants that is the last thing i need is a law suit so i take these things seriously, but as i say there are so many egos on this site that the forum has become just get "CORGI" people out forget about anything else.I KNOW GAS KILLS ,but advise helps people. Instead of just flicking us of like flies general information helps, even to the point of is the boiler filled up to right pressure or the basics is electrics on, or have you gas coming into property not everyone knows this why do you expect everyone to know this, we all have are skills but you dont have to treat us like kids.

Sponsored Links
I've got no problem helping where I can, you never know one day I may be of help to you.

There is a limit to what is practical or legal for a non-engineer to do though, and quite often the correct advice is to get a registered engineer in.

You may also want to bear in mind that this forum is more suited to householders than landlords, and that possibly a landlords' forum may be appropriate in terms of finding engineers in your area etc.

It must just be me then that can see hundreds of posts answering people's problems with just the kind of help you are saying is not given.

Your from Merseyside. The red side have become very deluded over the past few months, are you one of them? Rafa's cracking up. So it seems, are you. :LOL:

Al went through flow diagram given with boiler everything works upto point of "is there spark ignition" either yes or no go to no says change spark electrode. Was going to phone HRP to see how much new one. thanks Bri

Postings like that make it quite clear that you are trying to repair gas related faults yourself.

Quite apart from the danger and illegality, you could be exposing your temants to serious risks. There is also the question that if I gave you advice then that is against the rules of the forum as its "inappropriate advice".

Furthermore, if I gave you advice on gas matters on a public forum and you then went ahead with a repair and something happened and your tenants were killed then I would be brought into the prosecution as aiding your illegal work!

Your only interest seems to be saving ( your ) money! If its really true what you have said about paying £262 for a repair, then you could have had a British gas fixed price repair for less than £200 or much cheaper a COMPETENT local engineer who would correctly diagnose the fault without changing unnecessary parts.

The reason I doubt that you paid £262 is because no one in their right mind would pay for parts to be fitted which were not required to fix the problem. Can you scan and email a copy of the invoice?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back