ravenheat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
have a ravenheat RSF 820/20T boiler if the c/h is on no probs workes for ever
but turn off c/h and after a while pilot goes out re light and stays on for a while goes out again have changed thermo couple
please any ideas best regards terry

Sponsored Links
I've read your post a few times and what I'm about to suggest as a possible cause is a bit like betting on a nags head at Ascot as there are a few possibilities; and something you haven't mentioned could make a difference, but here goes anyway.
I reckon that a microswitch on your diverter valve head could be stuck in the ON position.

hi fan not running when pilot is out but comes on when water or heat is called for thanks for help its driving me mad

Sponsored Links
If you are comfortable working with 240VAC electrics check for 230-240 VAC at terminals 36 & 37 at the fan.

If not get an RGI in.

EDIT; As this involves removing the combustion chamber cover you should get an RGI in anyway.

hi no probs qual electrician it could be 270 ohm resistor oc does this run fan at slow speed ?

hi sorry for delay in posting been away
thanks for all help and pointing me in right direction
fault was oc micro switch oc between pin 38 and pin 36
thanks again best regards Terry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back