ravenhjat boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a ravenheat boiler CSI 85B(T) installed. The problem is that the boiler will fire up okay and then after a few minutes the overheat/flame failure light comes on and then nothing works. It does this on both the hot water only selection and the ch and hw selection. I have to switch the boiler off and restart it but the same thing keeps happening. This is a brand new boiler and I had the same problem with my old one, so the problem is obviously not the boilers but the system. All the rads have been bled correctly and all valves are open. I'm rapidly losing my sanity as I have had no hot water for a week now. Can someone please help me!!

Sponsored Links
who installed it!

Probably a circulation problem, check the pump, was the system cleaned?

Sponsored Links
worzeljnr said:
the pump runs ok but the system wasn't cleaned

OOOOPS

only a matter of time till it dies completly

nawty nawty

the heat exchanger is full of the shyte that SHOULD have been cleaned out when you installed it

:)

lol

Powerflush is the only way. This should have been done by your 'installer' as part of a normal boiler change :rolleyes: Until this is done you may well find that any problems with your boiler are not covered under the manufacturers warranty :rolleyes:

But then as you have had a ravenheat fitted I wonder whether you choose this installer because he was the cheapest rather than most professional and competent :eek:

worzeljnr said:
is there an easy way to clean out the shyte without stripping out the heat exchanger
#

yes, install the boiler on a CLEAN system. Like any competant person would have done

But failing that no not really, try powerflushing it clean, I dont find that works that well but the other swear by it

should read the book the boiler comes with matey and you would have saved yourself a world of pain

LMAO

;)

gas4you said:
Powerflush is the only way. This should have been done by your 'installer' as part of a normal boiler change :rolleyes: Until this is done you may well find that any problems with your boiler are not covered under the manufacturers warranty :rolleyes:

But then as you have had a ravenheat fitted I wonder whether you choose this installer because he was the cheapest rather than most professional and competent :eek:

Bet he did it himself

lmao

Alright corgi, show off, I had to google it to find out what it meant :oops:

Not quite, I'm stellad up at present and bacardi will be in about 30 mins for the evening :LOL:

gas4you said:
Not quite, I'm stellad up at present and bacardi will be in about 30 mins for the evening :LOL:

cannot beat a pint of "wife beater" ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back