RAYBURN Off Grid DHW Shopping List Required

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi,

I have a Rayburn Royal with backboiler and want to have setup an off-grid DHW system.
Nothing is installed as yet with Rayburn currently being restored and had a boiler leak repaired.

I would really appreciate any schematics for the system I want. And I want to puchase all the parts I need as well. It will be installed by a qualified plumber eventually, but at this time, i just want to make sure I have all that is needed, incase of covid lockdowns and 'essential service' restrictions.

I have purchased a gravity-fed cylinder, with coil. It runs the main body of water into the boiler to thermosiphon, and the coil can be set up with mains pressure water, but I want to run the coil as gravity fed or low pressure.

Where I live it is hard to find this information. Very few plumbers available to do Rayburn DHW setups and the ones that do only want to do electrically driven systems, pumping water through the boiler etc. But there are a few retired plumbers down here who have experience in this type of work. I just have to find one willing to travel to my area.

If someone here has the knowledge and the time to explain the system to me and the parts I need, I would be very thankful.

I am, under no circumstances, intending to setup this system myself! I'm aware it is a complex job and it must work correctly for safety.

Jo.

Australia

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back