re-cycled water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a problem with a system that collects water in a well for garden use. It has a Leader Divertron 1000 submersible pump that is activated by either of 2 garden taps, and was tripping the RCCB in the house.
I found a junction box at the top of the well was wet inside and sorted it with correct waterproof glands and box, which I thought would solve the problem.
Now, however whenever the system is switched on, the pump starts without the taps being turned on. It runs for about 10 seconds, rests for about 20 and then continues to do that for 4 or 5 cycles before tripping the RCCB. Is it supposed to do that to keep the system pressurised or would it indicate a sensor problem somewhere?
Any ideas gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
Wouldn`t expect it to do this, best guess from here is that water has travelled down inside the cable to the pump electrics. Your pump is made by DAB so best to contact them.

Sounds like similar system as used in caravans, there is a bellows which blows up as pump runs and taps closed, and a non return valve, if the non return valve gets a bit of muck in it then the pump keeps switching on/off.

For caravans there was an alternative method with micro switches in the taps, but needed more wiring. Also of course all 12 volt.

Sponsored Links
OP didnt mention a control panel at the top of the well, which on reflection might be the problem area.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back