Re-fixing radiator to wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I have a radiator that was not properly fixed to the wall and is falling away. It is a cast iron, but not too tall. It has HB Signature Thermostatic TRV valve and lockend. I turned the TRV down to the frost symbol and using a screwdriver, turned off the lockend (assuming that a clockwise turn to the base is doing that). Yet when I test with the bleed, I must have extracted a litre of water with no sign of the pressure decreasing. I took this to mean water was still flowing in to the rad. I tested by putting the heating on and turning down the TRV and it seems to work as the rad cooled. So I am scratching my head - is it just that this rad will spit out a lot of water from the bleed, or is one of the valves not fully closing? I've bought four new brackets to support it, but don't dare yet disconnect. Any advice greatly appreciated.
upload_2021-5-23_18-37-30.png

upload_2021-5-23_18-37-51.png

upload_2021-5-23_18-38-7.png

Sponsored Links
The valves ,or at least one ,isn't closing fully. Have you tried the lockshield anti clockwise to close ? Bit of a long shot though !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back