Re-pressurise glowworm 24c - which is the filling loop?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI there,

I have seen several posts here about this but still not sure which is my filling loop so that I can raise the pressure.
The 1st pic is the boiler itself with valves, and 2nd pic is directly below that.

I'd really appreciate if anyone can point out to me which is my filling loop?
thanks so much

1666529670287.jpg
1666529670300.jpg

Sponsored Links
The silver braided hose is the filling loop. It's missing a rubber seal,which needs to be fitted before connecting it to the fitting on the left of the one the hose is connected to already.

Thanks Terry - ah, I tried connecting the hose to the left fitting and tightened, it seemed to go on ok. Is that a mistake?
And once connected, how would I re-pressurise?
Thank you.

Without a seal it's likely to spew water out when you open the valve.
The fitting on the right that the hose is connected to should have a lever on it to open the valve. I can't see it in your pic. Close up pics of it would be helpful ,it's right hand side particularly.

Sponsored Links
Left and then right pics attached. The left hand side has a flat head screw slot which can be loosened I think. The right side seems to have something similar but a bit smaller.

MicrosoftTeams-image (1).jpg
MicrosoftTeams-image (2).jpg

Attachments

• MicrosoftTeams-image (3).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (3).jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 24
You use a flat bladed screwdriver on both those valves. Do the left side first ,put screwdriver in slot and turn till slot is in line with pipe ( that would be one quarter turn). Then do the same on the right valve. When pressure at boiler reaches 1 bar ,close the right valve . Slot should be 90 degrees to the pipe to be fully closed ,then close the left valve.
So both are returned to the positions they were in before you started. Then remove the braided hose.
Do you have a rubber washer ?

Thanks so much Terry, it worked and we have pressure. It's maybe taking a little time to heat up water but it's definitely working.
I'm not sure what a rubber washer is?

The rubber washer is a seal ,it fits into the flexible hoses nut, where it connects to the valve.
It's a wonder it didn't leak when you opened the valves !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back