re-pressurising Worcester-Bosch Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
Having a few problems with shower going cold so thought of increasing the pressure in the boiler a little. Currently it's at 1, but wanted maybe between 1 and 1.5. Anyway when I went to turn on the white round tap (white key already inserted correctly as far as I can see) first it made a noise but then no water was passing at all. Why is this? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Firstly, the pressure in your hot water primary system has no direct connection with the temperature of the shower. The shower going cold could be a number of issues, some to do with the shower if its a thermostatic one, others to do with the hot water side of the boiler if its a combi boiler.

Secondly, the boiler pressure is increased by inserting the white key, turning it through 90 degrees, then opening the square headed valve (whitish square semi-translucent top) next to it, raising the pressure to the required level, closing the valve then turning the key back and removing it.

Thanks oldbuffer. I've done that but there's no water passing through the pipes at all. As I said before, initially I could hear something though it didn't really sound like water either. I've done this in the past successfully so don't know why it's suddenly decided by to work.

The crappy filling loop in your crappy boiler could be faulty.

Or the water company simply could have reduced the street pressure.

Tis why:

A - we don't fit Wooshitter Botch.
B - we never trust internal filling loops work/not leak.

Sponsored Links
It now has gone up to 1.5. Don't know how that happened- it's magically reset itself!

Either because said crappy filling loop is passing and the street pressure went up over night.

The expansion vessel has failed and you have just used he boiler for something.

You should take that plastic tee piece out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back