Re render over solid walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Newbie to forum looking for some clarification on building regs when re-rendering external walls to terraced house.

We are currently in the process of buying a mid terraced house in Devon which has shown signs of water ingress behind the rendering. Nothing major as yet but something which may need a full re render in the future rather than simply applying waterproof sealants every couple of years.

The property was built approx. 1910 and I believe is of solid brick wall construction with pebble dash render over.

I have been having a look at what the work entails and I have noted a few comments regarding building regs when re render more than 24% of the property. If I have read it correctly am I correct in thinking that I have to apply a layer of external thermal insulation before rendering.

If this is the case this is going to hugely increase the cost of the job.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back