re-replacing sealed units

Really cannot see the point with a 12mm cavity, go on holiday instaed

Sponsored Links
Really cannot see the point with a 12mm cavity, go on holiday instaed
hi god, thanks , my thoughts entirely.
as I get condensation on my 20mm cavities, I cannot see 12mm argon filled hyperglass making much difference, probably just move it from one window to the next coldest one.also, if beading cannot be replaced, that's why they cannot go wider,or don't want too, what if one breaks during change?
£650, for the bay feayure, £600 for 2nd bay, and £300 for a third window, all with 12mm units, but have as I have several other sand 3 sets of french doors, all with 20mm, but get condensation on these also, some more than others.?
would hate to spend £1600 for no return, unless I change all 12mm ones, frames and all.
reckon I will continue wiping windows in the morning. :mrgreen:
cheaper, but, they aren' rotting.
cheers both.
another quetion;;
where to go on money you.ve saved me????? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
£1600 :eek: nice work if you can get it!
Do you think that's dear crank?
If it was 20mm, I would probably have paid it ,after 19 years , I,m fed up of wiping them on a cold morning.;but don't believe this hype about new super glass U values, but, I'm the eternal sceptic.
The humidity in the house has to find a cold spot somewhere,unless CH is on high 24/7, if not the window, a wall, with more problems;;IE..mould.
I tend to open them at night, when temp drops, certainly reduces it, no trickle vents in mine.
I was area sales manager for Everest in the 60s; Midlands , when Ted Molt advertised Tan Hill pub, fitted with it. Secondary type.
I rated that type more than this type, BUT, ugly;; all .Ali.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back