RE-ROUTING HOT WATER SUPPLY PIPE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a new kitchen installed about 3 years ago. The dishwasher unit does not go back far enough to be flush with the other units, as the hot water supply pipe criss-crosses the cold feed. It (the dishwasher) only needs to go back about 15mm (the dia. of cold pipe) so I thought I would change the hot water supply to the kitchen tap by putting in an elbow to 1 side of the dishwasher, dropping down, then across near floor level, back up again and then across to the tap. I know it seems a bit complicated but I can't figure out any other way (apart from recessing the pipes into the wall). Will it be OK to go down and then up again?

Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Nick :(

Sponsored Links
Cheers for that. I'm also going to fit a new monobloc mixer tap which is supplied with single check valve. Is this for the hot supply (I have cylinder hot/mains cold)? Where do I fit it? To the tap tail or anywhere?

Thanks

Nick :p

Sponsored Links
It goes in the cold with the arrow pointing in the direction of flow, I would normally use it to connect the tail to the cold feed (assuming the tail is copper) its good practice to also put a service valve on both hot and cold so if the tap fails or service valve fails they no major draining down jobs to do to service them!!

Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back