Real chips.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had proper home cooked chips for me tea.

Ok, they were cooked in a deep fat fryer but they actually had taste, unlike the frozen rubbish that is sold to the masses.

It is a while since i have eaten chips as i refused point blank to eat oven chips and other 'ready for the fryer' brands. I may up my chip intake to twice a month now!

Sponsored Links
Oven chips. I totally agree, they are disgusting. You cannot beat the proper chip done in chip pan or deep fat fryer.

Sponsored Links
Real chips are made of potato, and Oven/whatever chips are made from rye, feel free to correct.

Par fried chips, ie immersed in the frier, for 1 minute. Then taken out, then fried again, for another 4 minutes. equals perfect chips.

Par fried chips, ie immersed in the frier, for 1 minute. Then taken out, then fried again, for another 4 minutes. equals perfect chips.

Micky, Why not enter Masterchef :LOL:
Cooking doesn't get any tougher than this :LOL:

How the Marketing Professionals have changed our palate. :rolleyes:

Its a shame we do not all appreciate quality cuisine :!:

Chips have never been the same since they banned chip shops from making vinegar from acetic acid and stopped them from wrapping them in newsprint. :evil:

They wrapped them in newsprint - I assume that means newspaper? How disgusting!!

they have never been the same since they stoped charging one shilling and six pence for cod and chips

I remember when newspaper was toilet paper, cut in squares and hung on a piece of string.
What do ya mean when.Thats all some newspapers are suitable for.

Sponsored Links
Back